Texas Winter Weather Recovery: Supporting our Ambit FamilyPosted by: Javier Vilchis | 02/15/2021 at 09:41 AM
We’re committed to assisting our customers in any way possible following the recent winter emergency.
All our current and future residential customers can rest assured that our rates insulate you from the volatile wholesale market. Our customers won’t see any near-term impact on their rates due to this winter weather event. While you may experience higher than normal bills due to higher usage during the cold weather, you’ll be insulated from rate increases.
And as we have throughout the pandemic, we’re here for our residential customers with price protection, additional payment flexibility and customer support ready to help seven days a week.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I have more time to pay my bill? Are there any resources available to help?
- Please call Customer Care if you need a little flexibility or would like to set up a longer-term payment plan at (877) 282-6248, Monday – Sunday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. CT.
- If you’re not able to pay your bill at this time, call 2-1-1 or visit 211texas.org to find out about programs that can help.
- Additionally, FEMA is updating their website as more resources become available.
Should I be worried about my rate increasing?
- No. You won’t see any near-term impact to your rates due to this winter weather event. We stand by all our current and future residential customers with rates that insulate you from the volatile wholesale market. Whether you’re a residential customer on a fixed or variable pricing plan, you’re always insulated from extreme variable wholesale power price swings because we don’t put our customers at risk. If you’ve also seen stories about POLR (Provider of Last Resort), you don’t have to worry about being switched to another provider from us. We’re here for you for the long haul.
- While you may experience higher than normal bills due to higher usage during the cold weather, you’ll be insulated from rate increases and you won’t be billed for any power you didn’t use or didn’t even have.
I’m on a month-to-month plan with you. Should I be worried about my rate going up?
- Given the historic, severe and widespread challenges Texas residents are facing from the winter storm emergency, we want you to have peace of mind. Rest assured you will not see any near-term impact on your rate due to this winter weather event. You’ll also continue to enjoy the flexibility to change plans without penalty. Call us anytime if you’re interested in switching to one of our many longer-term, price-protected rates that are also insulated from wholesale swings.
Why am I seeing usage on days my home didn’t have power?
- If you’re seeing usage on days your home didn’t have power, don’t worry, it’ll be corrected soon. The information you may see online or on your next bill is likely due to estimated usage because your utility provider wasn’t able read your meter during the power outage. We’ll be receiving refreshed, actual usage information from the utilities, and you’ll see corrected usage in your accounts. We apologize for the confusion.